Saturday, 25 December 2010
Saturday, 18 December 2010
Friday, 10 December 2010
So, the other day I was getting into the Christmas spirit, and was planning on making gingerbread men to hang on the Christmas tree. I got the recipe ready, washed my hands, got my apron on, started cooking... and then realised we didnt have any ginger. So I made cinnamon cookies instead!! They actually turned out much nicer than I thought they would, but were a bit crunchy, so if you plan on making them, reduce the cooking time. Here's the 'recipe' that I followed:
130g unsalted butter/cooking marge (soya marge in my case)
100g brown sugar
4tbsp golden syrup
330g plain flour
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
a few (hundred) shakes of ground cinnamon- I probably used about 3-4tsps?
1) Grease trays and pre-heat oven to 170˚C , gas mark 3.
2) Melt the butter/marge, sugar and golden syrup until the sugar has dissolved and it has mixed in nicely.
3) Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl, and then stir in the melted stuff. It should form a dough that will be easy to roll, but you might need to add more flour or water, depending on which way it goes.
4) Tip the dough out, and roll to about 5mm thick. Cut into whatever shape you want, and cook in batches on the greased baking tray for around 9 minutes, until golden brown. At this point, they go all floppy like flapjacks, so it's hard to know if they are ready... you just have to trust your instincts!
5) Leave to cool completely, and snuggle up in front of the fire with a glass of milk (they are too sweet to dip in good hot chocolate:))
Happy baking :) xx
Thursday, 9 December 2010
I guess I am a little late posting about this, but opening for public viewing from 11th December 2010 to 6th March 2011, there is an exhibition at The Usher Gallery in Lincoln called 'The Moment of Privacy has Passed' curated by John Plowman that features a number of artists, designers, illustrators and architects' sketchbooks- one of which is mine!- that you can browse, enjoy, and you might even stumble upon some inspiration! The exhibition is open for anyone to look, and admission is free!
If you are around or in Lincoln at these times, please come along, and to find out more, visit this website. Hope to see you there!
tel: 01522 550990
Skull necklace, Lazy Oaf; Pink Holga, RUGifts; Fangs ring, Lazy Oaf; Drawing Book, Lazy Oaf (NOT THERE ANYMORE!!); Mustache Hoodie, Lazy Oaf; Heart Necklace, Lazy Oaf; Leggings, Jack Wills; Bear Jumper, Lazy Oaf; Leopard Necklace, Lazy Oaf (NOT THERE!!).
This is my Christmas List... I made it a few weeks ago, so some of the stuff from Lazy Oaf isn't there anymore :'( Talking of which, I want WAY too much stuff from there, and Jack Wills seems to be creeping into my life a bit more than usual... I am really loving the red gilets and fluffy hoodies from there right now! I only wish I had that much money...
Hope you get what's on your Christmas List this year! :) xx