130g unsalted butter/cooking marge (soya marge in my case)
100g brown sugar
4tbsp golden syrup
330g plain flour
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
a few (hundred) shakes of ground cinnamon- I probably used about 3-4tsps?
1) Grease trays and pre-heat oven to 170˚C , gas mark 3.
2) Melt the butter/marge, sugar and golden syrup until the sugar has dissolved and it has mixed in nicely.
3) Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl, and then stir in the melted stuff. It should form a dough that will be easy to roll, but you might need to add more flour or water, depending on which way it goes.
4) Tip the dough out, and roll to about 5mm thick. Cut into whatever shape you want, and cook in batches on the greased baking tray for around 9 minutes, until golden brown. At this point, they go all floppy like flapjacks, so it's hard to know if they are ready... you just have to trust your instincts!
5) Leave to cool completely, and snuggle up in front of the fire with a glass of milk (they are too sweet to dip in good hot chocolate:))
Happy baking :) xx