Friday 21 October 2011

eBay is my saviour

I have tried to use eBay before... To buy a Tamagotchi... I'm not too sure I really got the whole spirit of it though, as I was only little and I don't think I really understood the concept of money, let alone gambling it on pretty much any item over the internet. So after that day, I haven't touched it. Until last week.
As I mentioned in my previous post, I have developed a 'thing' for shoes, so I was searching Google for some orange high top trainers and somehow came across these beauties on eBay.
It was love at first sight. I think they put me in a trance and I'm pretty sure I was just sat there staring at them on my screen for about ten minutes... Now I don't know if it's just me that feels like this about them, but they are rare Puma's... and were only up for £8 including postage...
But I didn't bid yet; I has heard about this whole bidding lark and decided to wait until the last minute to put in my offer. Since it ended the next day and had already had two bids on it, I thought that was for the best.
So after spending the whole next day not being able to wait until I got home so I could spend some money, I settled down to my computer and typed in my bid. As soon as I had done so, the price rose... I tried again and the same thing happened... I waited. Those twenty minutes were the tenses ones of my life.. And then finally, in the last minute, I entered my offer and won! It was my first proper buy on eBay. Pretty successful if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment