Wednesday 19 October 2011

We've got our obsessions...

A few months ago, I would never be able to understand people that are obsessed with shoes... I thought shoes were pretty much only for protecting your feet and if anyone commented on the fact that 'all women love shoes' I would dismiss it as an ill-informed, sexist comment. Today, however, while I know this isn't always true, I have suddenly become slightly obsessed with what to wear on my feet...
Don't worry too much though, I'm not the average person as you will never catch me in high heels... I obsess more over sneakers. (No, I'm not American, but the word 'trainers' just brings up images of gym goers and professional sports people. As I try to avoid exercise, this is not what I buy them for.) Converse, high tops, bright colours and unusual shapes are among some of the things that pull me in.
So! Why the sudden interest in all this superficial stuff? Hmm.. I would put it down to a phase in life that will probably happen to everyone. I think it is part of growing up. (Well, this is what I tell myself so I don't feel as guilty spending all my money on shoes anyway..)

No comments:

Post a Comment